OpenShot Featured on Category5.TV!
OpenShot was recently featured on an episode of Category5 Technology TV, which teaches users how to obtain, install, and use OpenShot! Robbie Ferguson and Christa Wells have done a great job introducing OpenShot, and I hope everyone will enjoy the high production values and enthusiasm as much as I did! Check out the video below:
Outline of Episode:
- Feature: Video editing in Linux using the free OpenShot video editor.
- Robbie's quick thoughts about Jonathan Thomas, and his dedication to creating a fantastic video editor for Linux.
- Installing the OpenShot video editor from the provided PPA rather than the Ubuntu repositories.
- Setting up the OpenShot PPA.
- Viewer Question: Why not get OpenShot from the repositories?
- Updating your apt sources list.
- Installing OpenShot using Synaptic Package Manager on Ubuntu Linux after setting up the PPA.
- Installing Inkscape using Synaptic Package Manager to add vector graphics support to OpenShot video editor.
- Obtaining and configuring Blender to be used by OpenShot video editor to add 3D titles to your video productions.
- Adding media files to OpenShot.
- Creating 3D / animated title sequences to your video production in OpenShot video editor.
- A brief rundown of the main tools used when working in OpenShot video editor.
- Adding segments to your video production in OpenShot video editor.
- Adding photos to OpenShot video editor.
- Creating a closing credits roll-up for your OpenShot video editor production.
- Using Inkscape to create more substantial text for your OpenShot video editor production in Linux.
- Animating your show's end credits in OpenShot video editor, moving it from the bottom to top of the screen.
- Top-secret Information: ??? You will have to watch the video to hear this!
Soon we will release more information about version 1.4 and our top-secret project. So, stay tuned!