Happy New Year 2018!
Skrifað af General.á in
Happy New Year! Last year was an amazing year for OpenShot, with huge stability and performance improvements, a new interactive transform tool, improvements to animation & key-frames, a new website (translated in 10 languages), a new cloud API (for video automation), improved playback speed, and more than 1 million installs of OpenShot 2.x. Now that 2018 has arrived, I thought it would be fun to discuss the future of OpenShot, and where it's heading for the next year.
Plans for 2018
- Improved Stability (an important focus every year until I see no crashes reported).
- Improved Transform and Preview - Allow for zooming in/out of the video preview, to allow easier off-screen animations.
- Integrate Origin Points into transform and rotation (and make them keyframeable), which is super useful in animation work-flows.
- New Image Sequence Reader - Dramatically improve speed and seek performance of image sequences (for frame by frame animations).
- Improved Documentation (including translations)
- UI Improvements (and possibly timeline themes)
- Interactive Keyframe Curves (on the timeline, to make selecting, moving, and visualizing them easier).
- More Effects - I have a large backlog of video and audio effects that need to be ported into OpenShot 2.x, and I would also like to introduce an easy plug-in framework to allow others to quickly create video and audio effects.
- 32-bit Windows Builds - This has been requested a billion times (okay maybe that's exaggerated, but many schools have old computers, and are not able to use the current 64-bit builds).
- More High-Quality Video Tutorials - I have created 6 official tutorial videos in 2017, and I hope to create a bunch more in 2018, as this is a highly effective way teach how OpenShot works... and they are fun to make.
If you would like to be a part of the 2018 plan mentioned above, or want to help out in any capacity, please send me an email and introduce yourself. =) I look forward to meeting you, and together maybe we can transform OpenShot into the world's best video editor (...one day).