Usability and Stability Improvements!
Written byon .
- As you might have noticed on the above screenshot, we are adapting more and more HIG compliant screens, such as the standard "unsaved changes" dialog.
- Stock Icons - OpenShot now defaults to the current theme's stock icons, which will be more familiar to the user than our custom button images.
- Simplified Export Dialog - The export dialog is smaller, faster, has more export presets, and auto selects many of the drop-downs for the user. In other words, it's easier and faster to export videos now.
- Increased the speed interval of the play-head, resulting in smoother motion, more accurate time-codes, and a general feeling of awesome. =)
- Animated the play-head and play-head line when the timeline is clicked. The play-head zips to the location on the ruler that was clicked. It's a subtle effect, but really adds a polished feeling to the UI.
- Rounded Thumbnails - Softer corners on all thumbnails and icons.
- Transitions now tile to fill all horizontal space, making it faster to find the desired transition.
- And many other misc. improvements to dialogs and error messages across OpenShot.
- Just as much time has been spent focusing on the stability of OpenShot as the usability improvements. Such as...
- Improvements to MLT stability, including bug fixes for the affine filter, sdl preview consumer, and lots of other improvements by the MLT development team.
- OpenShot is now aware of the version of MLT installed, and adjusts certain features based on the version, to prevent crashes.
- A new Auto Saving patch is about to be committed, which will add another layer of safety for unexpected seg faults. This is one of the last remaining tasks in version 1.3.0.
- More time has been spent on testing, testing, and even some more testing. Did I mention testing?
In summary, version 1.3.0 of OpenShot will not only bring a huge selection of eye candy and awesome new features, but it will also be the most stable and usable version of OpenShot yet! Stay tuned for more news coming soon.